Sunday, March 21, 2010

Alice in Wonderland

Made it to the theater for once to see Alice in Wonderland. I'm more than ever convinced that the trick to enjoying films in the theater is to go in with low expectations. It got such bad reviews that I was braced for anything, but I found it quite enjoyable. You have to remember that it's not really Alice in Wonderland; it's Alice in Underland, Tim Burton's sequel to Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking-Glass, and then you'll be fine. Also, I watched it in 2-D, because 3-D gives me headaches and the reviews of the effects were poor anyway. It's quite pretty and entertaining, which might sound un-Burton-like, but I assure you that the live actors all have the corpselike pallor that seems to turn him on. I still think that the best Burton film is Big Fish, but this one should still have enough grisly touches for his stalwart fans.

No comments: