Monday, January 5, 2009

Secure in the homeland

Back in Chicago, after MLA San Francisco (it was lovely, thank you, though I wish I'd gotten to see more of SF) and a stint in NJ, aquarium-less this time.

A few cultural thoughts:

1) I dreamed about Frost/Nixon last night. Specifically, going to a screening of it with the cast and crew. I think my subconscious is trying to get my butt to the movie theater. Hint taken.

2) I really, really want to read Netherland.

3) Brace yourselves for a disquisition on how Disney mismanaged the Narnia franchise and how bitter I am about the whole thing. And I wasn't even really into the movies, but I miss my big Yearly Movie Event that Lord of the Rings got me used to for three years. New Line's lesson to the world: jump off a cliff and sometimes you hit a really big trampoline.

No comments: