Wednesday, November 21, 2007

You've got to be kidding me!

I see that Hillary Clinton, Mrs. It Takes a Village, has decided that childhood isn't so important after all, or rather that Obama's childhood isn't, since his life abroad will apparently not help him with any perspective on foreign policy whatsoever.

Now I'm not saying that anyone who lives abroad necessarily gets a useful perspective, but discounting it altogether is just the kind of emphatic statement that Hillary never manages to make when it's about something important, like, say, her stance on any issue of any note.

Today's post title is a quote of the greatest American male tennis player, that lovable John McEnroe, whose podcast with Borg and Federer I am about to listen to instead of going to sleep.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I remember some frightening statistic a few years ago, that something like 60% of the House had never been abroad.